Fall is the perfect time for a weekend get-away. The kids are back in school, tourists are back to work and many places that were swamped with visitors are now pleasantly quiet. Here are a few suggestions for a long weekend vacay in Visalia (just a few shorts hours from LA and SF) that will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks: with fall foliage and fewer visitors, the Parks are a wonderful, peaceful place to spend a weekend.
- Taste The Arts Festival: On October 15, artists will line the streets of downtown Visalia with amazing artwork. Meet the artists, stroll the streets and enjoy art in all forms.
- Taste Makers: On the same weekend as Taste the Arts (see what we’re doing here!) the Taste Makers event happens. This is an emerging artist music festival. Listen to music, maybe have a beer or two and enjoy the last of the warm weather.
- Pickle Ball Tournament: October 21-23. If you haven’t heard of this sport that is surging in popularity, come out and see what all the excitement is about. Or if you play the game and want a challenge, sign up to participate.
- Halloween at the Cave: So we know that #1 on the list is Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, but really amp up your trip with a visit to Crystal Cave the last week of October. You will enjoy special tours that are extra spookie!!!
If you want more information on these suggestion or want more ideas on what you can do this Fall, read our Visalia Buzz newsletter or go to our website http://www.visitvisalia.org