It’s generally understood that packing your bag is the most challenging and frustrating part of your vacation. So you check the weather, plan your itinerary, pack the car and are finally ready to go–but have you forgotten something? The question will frustrate you until you’ve rolled out of town and there’s nothing you can do except hope that your homework and preparation was enough to make sure you’ll have what you need.
Or maybe this will be simpler. Here’s a list of 5 things you can’t afford to leave at home before your next vacation to Visalia, the Gateway to the Sequoias:
1. Comfortable shoes: No doubt your vacation will involve an experience in the great outdoors. Whether you choose to take a historical walking tour of downtown Visalia or hike in our National Parks, we have the outdoor adventure to suit your wildest imagination! But be sure to stop by our Visitor Center for additional information and points of interest before your tour.
2. Camera: As one of the most picturesque destinations in the nation, you’ll need that zoom to capture the unmatched beauty of central California’s agricultural region and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. The Sequoia Shuttle transports visitors to National Parks. All you have to do is remember your camera! Sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenic ride through the majestic Sequoias.
3. An extra suitcase: Trust me, you’ll need it! From antiques to boutiques in downtown Visalia, you’re sure to find an extra something (or 10) to take home for your friends (and probably a little something for yourself too)!
4. Appreciation of unique art: communities throughout California’s Central Valley express cultural and historical appreciation through public art. Dozens of murals adorn buildings throughout the Valley and hundreds of visitors to the area enjoy this expression as they stroll through the Valley’s downtowns.
5. Fishing gear: Explore one of Tulare County’s 96 fishing spots! That’s right, there are 96!
While these items are a great start, as any traveler knows, there’s always much more to see and do than first meets the eye. Be sure to call the Visalia Convention and Visitors Bureau to plan your next getaway! You surely wouldn’t want to miss anything!